Click here to be redirected to CalOpps to see our list of current openings as well as apply
Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, between San Jose and San Francisco, the District serves Menlo Park, Atherton, and East Palo Alto. The District’s core mission is to deliver essential, first-responders, and fire suppression services in response to land and structural fires and medical emergencies. The Fire District also provides fire prevention services and engages with the community in the areas of emergency preparedness and natural disaster response. The District staffs 7 stations and an administrative office with 122 full-time employees. Financially the District is in a strong position with a proposed 2016-17 general fund budget over $48.5 million.
- The District has top of the line apparatus and equipment and heavily invests in training its employees.
- The District offers highly competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- The District supports a good work-life balance with attractive schedules of 2 on, 4 off for line staff and four 10s for administrative staff.
- The District sustains a workplace culture that is positive, motivating, innovative, and adaptive.
- Employees feel a strong sense of making a positive contribution to the community through public safety and outreach.
- The District has a strong legacy of excellence and in 2016 celebrated its 100th year of fire protection.
- Employees can be assured that no day will ever be the same.