Due to a system overload, our job posting for Entry-Level Firefighter has unexpectedly become unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. As soon as more information becomes available, we will post an update with a revised application period.
Click here to be redirected to CalOpps to see our list of current openings as well as apply.
Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, between San Jose and San Francisco, the District serves Menlo Park, Atherton, and East Palo Alto. The District’s core mission is to deliver essential, first-responders, and fire suppression services in response to land and structural fires and medical emergencies. The Fire District also provides fire prevention services and engages with the community in the areas of emergency preparedness and natural disaster response. The District staffs 7 stations and an administrative office with 122 full-time employees. Financially the District is in a strong position with a proposed 2016-17 general fund budget over $48.5 million.
- The District has top of the line apparatus and equipment and heavily invests in training its employees.
- The District offers highly competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- The District supports a good work-life balance with attractive schedules of 2 on, 4 off for line staff and four 10s for administrative staff.
- The District sustains a workplace culture that is positive, motivating, innovative, and adaptive.
- Employees feel a strong sense of making a positive contribution to the community through public safety and outreach.
- The District has a strong legacy of excellence and in 2016 celebrated its 100th year of fire protection.
- Employees can be assured that no day will ever be the same.
Here's what employees are saying about working for Menlo Fire:
There is a contagious “all in” attitude to be the best. Firefighter James Pickerell
I felt that Menlo Park’s desire to be on the cutting edge of the fire service while still maintaining tradition would allow me the best opportunity to reach my full potential as a firefighter. It was a no brainer for me to not only apply, but put all of my effort into getting hired and proving why I deserved the job. Every member at this agency wants one another to succeed because they view an individual’s success as a collective success. I feel so fortunate to be a part of such an organization. Firefighter Paul Kaufman
A high level of dedication to the citizens we serve and a drive to be the best we can be in all disciplines drew me to Menlo. Tons of opportunity to train and grow, the incredibly supportive Menlo Fire Family, and a fun working atmosphere will keep me here for the extent of my career. Firefighter Scott Nixon