Fire Prevention Goals
The goal of the Fire Prevention Bureau is to direct its resources to provide effective service delivery in the areas of public education, construction, planning strategy, economic development, fire protection systems installation and use, fire cause investigation, and code enforcement.
- Ensure that the Public Education Program reaches all segments of the Fire District concerning the preservation of life and property
- Ensure that early contact is made with architects, engineers, and contractors on construction projects in order to prevent delay, undue cost and enhance completion of the final fire inspection.
- Provide liaison and consultation to industry located in Atherton, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and southern San Mateo County in order to clarify code requirements and State code and Fire District requirements.
- Promote increased installation of fire sprinkler, fire alarms, and special hazard systems as the first line of defense from fire propagation.
- Ensure expedient fire cause determination service in order to analyze and effect loss control.
- Provide fire code enforcement services that match the needs of the communities we serve.